Part 3 The New Environment - O'Lord,Don't take my daughter from me
After the sentimental meeting with my Father, I was on my face, telling God to rid me of my pride. And it started happening. Things I thought I was great at - that had led me to stop gaining knowledge... I changed. I reopened my mind to learn more.
I observed more, became quieter. Many took it for me being 'so quiet', but I'd say it was from two things:
1. I realised that what I thought I knew... there were many better than me because I had stopped growing. So I had a bit of inferiority complex 😅.
2. I really had to tell my brain - it's time to learn .
Truthfully, God brought me to a house of pruning. My pride was worked on just by the character of other members. I became more quiet, no longer running my chatterbox mouth to gain attention . I just wanted to learn.
Like I said, I was born with a silver spoon, a proud second-born of two children... I think it's safe to say I was a little spoilt baby girl . Many times if my mom sent me to do something, I'd give 10,000 reasons why it was a lot of work... but I'd still do it 🤣. I had a bit of getting angry easily, often over the smallest things.
But it began to change after I got committed in church. It was a gradual process I didn't even catch on to. Then... the prayer happened. I went home to visit my parents and voila, I was a sweet child 😊. I answered every request, outdid my usual self, obeyed without complaints.
This should've produced a joyful aura from my parents, Mum especially... But I guess I was so bad beforehand that she got scared 😂. Then she prayed, "O Lord, don't take my child from me" - you know, the usual cliche where a person starts to do good and people get worried .
Alright, these changes started after I became more intentional. After I allowed God to start leading me. It all started when God broke my pride . It all started after the sentimental meeting.
You are not too lost to be redeemed!
Comments
Post a Comment