Part 4- Embracing the Unfamiliar: My Journey of Growth Through Change

I grew up in a small city, part of a loving family of four 😊. My world was comfortable, predictable, and familiar. I spent my formative years with my parents, then transitioned to a boarding school, but one thing remained constant – my environment. I got used to the stability, and honestly, I loved it.

But life had other plans. After graduating from university, I found myself changing environments four times in just five years. Virtually every year, I was starting anew. Initially, it was tough. I remember the first big move from Ibadan to Abeokuta – my body adjusted, but my mind lagged behind for months. I'd often catch myself wistfully longing for the familiarity of Ibadan.

However, with each move, something shifted within me. I began to see that every change brought opportunities – new friends, new experiences, and yes, some tears along the way. But most importantly, I learned to trust the journey. I discovered faith in the unknown, and I learned to expect favor.

One particular story stands out: after moving to Abeokuta, I struggled with the commute from my cousin's place to work. As I grappled with how to afford a better place, God surprised me with a fully furnished house, free of charge. It was a testament to His provision and a reminder that sometimes, the best is yet to come.

Looking back, every move was a lesson in growth, resilience, and trust. I started new ventures, discovered new passions, and shed old fears. Each transition added a new layer to my story, and I'm grateful for it.

To anyone facing uncertainty, I say: Embrace the changes God brings your way. He has your path mapped out – just follow His lead 😊.

#FaithAndGrowth #EmbracingChange #TrustTheJourney

Comments

  1. This is a very beautiful story.
    Embracing the unfamiliar, this speaks to the state I am presenting and encourages me to keep going. God has my journey already mapped out.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece ma. More insight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Never Let Myself Do but almost did: Give Up, and Talk Down on Myself

Beyond the Mantra: Building Capacity for Real Growth

It is really not about you...