The Sentimental Meeting - Where my pride shattered part 2

I often joke that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth - probably because I got virtually everything I wanted from my parents. And honestly, they did an amazing job . 


They might not have had billions of naira, but they gave us something far more valuable: love, care, and opportunities. But looking back, I see that came with a personal flaw - a level of pride I didn't even recognize as pride till it was laughably obvious .


It was a meeting with my spiritual Father - alongside my sister - that shattered that pride . I had built this image of myself: smart, capable, always on top of things . I mean, I'd sailed through school, done well in NYSC... so yeah, I kinda thought I knew it all' . I'd mentally correct people's grammar, judge how they spoke... internally, of course 😂 (didn't want to lose friends, lol).


But that meeting flipped the script.


My Father - a prophetic leader, by the way - asked me questions I wasn't expecting. Like, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?". And... my smart brain decided to tank me 😂. I said stuff like "To build an amusement park in my local town". 

I didn't make mention of furthering education, getting married, start a business. Nothing of suchh

Shame hit me like a wave as I said it.

 Vague? Check. 

Pride-driven? Double check .


But it was a turning point. My Father's response, the whole conversation... it marked a shift in how I saw and viewed life. 


I cried walking out of that office - because I saw how limited my view was. I didn't know it all. The school I'd gone to, the achievements... none of that made me 'the smartest'. And pride? It was gonna stop me from learning .


Lessons from that day:

- Pride comes before a fall

- You don't know it all; stay open to learning

- If a spiritual leader wants a meeting... Gooooo . It's for your transformation.


Watch out for part 3 😊"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Never Let Myself Do but almost did: Give Up, and Talk Down on Myself

Beyond the Mantra: Building Capacity for Real Growth

It is really not about you...