Humility beyond Knowledge
We've all been there - when things don't go as planned, and our confidence takes a hit.
For me, it was a day at work when I was asked about a transaction, and I thought I explained it well, but my communication fell on deaf ears. I was so sure I had nailed it, but my explanation was shallow, and I realized that I hadn't communicated the back end of the transaction as clearly as I thought.
The pain of realizing my mistake was like a punch to the gut, and I found myself questioning everything I knew.
Why didn't I clarify?
Why didn't I ask for more information?
It's funny how our minds work, isn't it? When someone questions our intelligence or expertise, it's natural to feel defensive. We want to prove ourselves, to show that we're right, and that we're worthy of respect. But in that moment, I realized that my defensiveness was not only hurting me, but it was also closing me off to learning and growth.
Many confident and knowledgeable people struggle with accepting correction. We get so caught up in being right that we forget that growth comes from learning and adapting. But what happens when we let that defensiveness consume us? We become so focused on being right that we forget to learn. We become like a vessel that's already full, unable to receive new knowledge or perspectives.
The truth is, it's okay to be wrong. In fact, it's more than okay - it's necessary for growth. When we're willing to accept correction and learn from our mistakes, we open ourselves up to new possibilities and perspectives. Let's strive to be humble in our knowledge and eager to learn. Let's not let our ego get in the way of growth. Instead, let's let correction stir us up to become better versions of ourselves.
Be glad when you're wrong, because that's when you have the chance to grow. Be humble in your knowledge, and always be willing to learn. That's the key to unlocking your full potential.
Comments
Post a Comment