My greatest weakness became a strength

Lately, I found out that I converse and communicate better with stories. But the thing is, I was not so great in it. I remember clearly in SS1, my final cumulation score in English for that session was a bold red fail, and I remember my mom praying I won't repeat the class if I continue 😅.

But I later found that I was exceptionally good in writing and crafting great story lines, and people ask, "How do you do it?" 

Guess what - I don't know!  I will say I just was intentional about growing. Here's what I did:

- I read a lot of novels to learn from others

- I listened to people speak and communicate to pick up skills

- I mentally saw myself speaking to an audience to practice

- I fought mentally that I needed to be better and put in the work

And of course, the greatest factor of all - God, who uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27).

Lessons:

- Fight for your growth: Your potentials are harnessed when you put in the work

- Brood in deeper into your inner strength: Don't neglect any weakness because that might be your greatest blessing

- Intentionality works: Being intentional about growing led to discovering my strength 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Never Let Myself Do but almost did: Give Up, and Talk Down on Myself

Beyond the Mantra: Building Capacity for Real Growth

It is really not about you...