The Audacious Life

Today's episode is a collation of many stories I've told. Yesterday, I shared insights on the quiet life, and today, I'm sharing about the audacious life. The truth is, we all need that level of audacity to reach our full potential. As a storyteller, I've grown to communicate better with stories, and I've noticed that my life has been a series of shifts, each one bringing new challenges and opportunities.

For those who've been following my journey, you'll know that I serve in the choir in my local church, and I've moved locations a few times. And with each move, something shifted. Three points I'd like to highlight: what is the story, and what's the relation to audacity?

So, when I was in Ibadan, I mentioned that I had a bit of esteem issues in churches because I had a level of pride, and when I saw the wisdom and creativity in others, I doubted all I knew. This made me really quiet in my department, I doubted my skills, I doubted when I had ideas, I was withdrawn, I observed more than I contributed.

Then I moved location, and I had new leaders who felt I had the capacity for more and challenged me to do bigger responsibilities. I cannot dispute the place of prayer and growth, which alongside brought a level of audacity. I began to do things no one really expected. More like I grew an extra wing that made me dare to take on tasks. I realised the audacious life paid more and brought better results.

It's a journey, trust me. You don't get there in a day, but you can put that toe into it. Be so bold that people ask you what exactly did you take. The audacious life is a life of results. 

Embrace it, and watch your life change." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Never Let Myself Do but almost did: Give Up, and Talk Down on Myself

Beyond the Mantra: Building Capacity for Real Growth

It is really not about you...