You are not too young....
We often live our lives thinking there's luxury of time left, that there's always tomorrow, next week, or next year. But let me paint a scenario:
when you were in school, knowing you'd be rounding off in the next 4-5 years, many wait till their final class before preparing for the outside world. Some don't even bother till the opportunity knocks, and suddenly they're left scrambling, wondering where the time went.
A personal story: when I entered senior class, my mom told me I'd write GCE in SS1. "What?!" I thought. I barely understood basic science, and now I had to prepare for an exam three times higher than my current level.
But my mom wasn't having it; she was convinced I'd rise to the challenge. So, I did it. I wrote the exam, and my result wasn't great, but I learnt something valuable: despite failing majority of the exams in SS1, I had a better gut that wouldn't fail when the time came in SS3 - and I passed all my papers.
The point is, we often limit ourselves with our exposure, thinking we're not ready or it's not time yet. But the truth is, there's no perfect time.
You can start preparing for those opportunities even if you don't have the luxury of experience.
When you start early, you cover more ground, you take more risks, and you learn more from your mistakes.
So, don't wait for the stars to align; start creating .
Comments
Post a Comment