Don’t Let Your Brain Go Dull

Last I remember, I had to read to really know something.  

I mean really read. Harddd.

I went to a competitive secondary school.  

The kind of place that humbles you fast.  

You could walk in thinking you were the “book smart” one... and 2 weeks later, someone would prove you wrong.

That environment built me.  

It taught me that knowledge doesn’t just fall on you. You go for it.

By the time I got to university, something had shifted.  

I still had to read to pass. That part never changed.  

But I noticed I was assimilating faster.  

Concepts that took others 3 hours, I’d get in 1.  

I even surprised myself.

But here’s the catch I refused to ignore:  

It only worked because I read it.

Back then, reading was fun.  

It was discovery. It was power.

Till it slowly became a task.

Till “I’ll read later” became a habit.

Till I started scrolling more than I was studying.

And then I felt it.

The dullness.  

The dryness.  

The slowness.

Ideas that used to click in seconds now took minutes.  

My mind felt like a muscle I hadn’t trained in a while.

That’s when it hit me:  

Your brain is just like that.  

If you don’t intentionally work on it,  

dullness is waiting for you like a bandit in the dark.


So this is me, challenging you.

Step out.

We’ve told ourselves enough pity stories about why we haven’t shifted.  

“Background.” “Upbringing.” “I didn’t have the chance.”

But study will tell you the truth 

You’ve left that stage.  

Your outcome is no longer tied to where you started.  

It’s tied to what you do now.

And that is the foundation of the next generation.  

A generation of people who take responsibility for their own growth.

I joke about it a lot...  

“People are making moves o.”  

But I’m not joking.

While some of us are waiting to “feel motivated,”  

someone else is reading, learning, building, sharpening.

So sharpen your brain.

Read again. Think again. Stretch again.

Because one day, that sharpness will be the cutting edge that sets you apart.

Don’t let your mind go dull.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Never Let Myself Do but almost did: Give Up, and Talk Down on Myself

Beyond the Mantra: Building Capacity for Real Growth

It is really not about you...